The philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche wrote that ‘given a big enough why people can bear almost any how” and I believe this applies to changing one’s eating style as well. Change can hard if you do not have a big enough why.
So, take a few minutes and consider your individual core motives. For example, for some, weight loss is purely about looking better while other have health or medical reasons to lose weight ASAP.
Why do YOU want to lose weight? Here is a short list of some of the reasons I’ve heard from past clients:
- Improved Appearance (Sexier, Thinner, Younger)
- Longevity/Increased Life Span
- More Dating
- To Play with Children (or Grandchildren)
- Increased Fitness/Wellness
- Disease Prevention (Cancer, Cardiovascular Health, Diabetes)
- To Feel Better
- Upcoming Life Event (Wedding, Class Reunion, Career Change)
- Better Sex
The above list not all inclusive; however, it does contain the most common ‘whys’. Define your reasons for changing your diet today.