Short Note: My father, Mike Quinn, created this healthy roasted Brussel sprouts recipe. It is now a family favorite. You will never eat boring, boiled Brussel sprouts again after trying this delish dish!
“Brussel sprouts are misunderstood – probably because most people don’t know how to cook them properly.” – Todd English
No, I’m not going to tell a long story here. Instead, I just want to share this great recipe for Healthy Roasted Brussel Sprouts that my Dad created with some trial and error a few years ago (the ‘mistakes’ were pretty good too, I hear). I truly believe these to be one of the tastiest and healthiest versions of roasted Brussel sprouts possible. Bon Appétit.
- 1 1/2 pounds Brussel sprouts
- 3 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash the Brussel sprouts. Then trim sprouts by removing any yellow leaves and brown ends. Next, cut each sprout in half.
- Place Brussels sprouts on sheet pan and add olive oil, salt and pepper. Combine until well coated. Spread evenly in the pan.
- Roast in oven for 35 to 40 minutes. Stir in the pan from time to time to brown the sprouts evenly. Bake until browned crisp on the outside and tender in the inside.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with additional sea salt or fresh pepper to taste and serve.
Pro Tip: This makes a great side dish for a wide variety of different meals from steak to salmon. If making the main dish with a spice that you love, consider adding 1/4 teaspoon of that spice to the Brussel Sprouts during step 3.
- Serving Size: 6
- Calories: 110
Keywords: Healthy Roasted Brussel Sprouts